Thursday 9 January 2014

Coming soon.....

I've been connecting with coaches across Canada the last few days, it's been making it hard to actually study for the course exam I had to write tonight, but now I'm FREE!!  Sandy has been asking me to check and see if I can post OK to the blog from my tablet, so this is a test.  I also need to make sure that I can add links (and hopefully pictures at some point) using the tablet, so another test to go here.
We've got an itinerary for our time on the ground in Ghana.  We will arrive on Jan 18 (not sure where we are staying yet, but I trust CCA will not have us on the streets of Accra!)  We will spend the 19th at the Credit Union Training Center (Cutrac) after a free day, and then training there on the 20th.  The 21st is a travel day to Kete Krachi on the shores of Lake Volta.  I have been reading about child slavery in this area and am a little worried about what we will encounter, but hopefully I will be able to blog as I go and tell you about the experience.  We will leave Kete Krachi on the 23 and travel to Damongo where we will spend time with their credit union before having a free weekend in Mole National Park (thanks Heidi for arranging!)  The 27th sees us back in Damongo, then on to our third CU, Tamale.  Jan 30 says "travel day" on my itninerary, and travel we will!  Tamale is 610 km from our destination of Accra, and again, from what I have heard, it will not be a 6 hour trip back!
Cannot wait to share this journey with you!  It's going to be an adventure and I am sure a test.  Heidi, a coach going to another area of Ghana, is also blogging at:
I will figure out if this works :) 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you Deb!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete