Tuesday 14 January 2014

I know where I'm staying!

Very exciting to finally get some accommodation notices today!  It looks like two of the three places we will be housed at DO have running water, and one has wifi which means I will be able to post a blog and maybe some pictures!  I think about people that we meet sometimes in our travels who do not know much about Canada and now I am thinking I know nothing of Africa!  I know it is going to be hot, and humid, and I am going to see some wildlife that is quite different than your average mountain goat in the Rockies.  But I am looking forward to the next few days when I learn a little more about their credit union system, their culture and their lives.  I'm nervous, I'm excited, and I'm glad you are joining me on this journey!

The places that I will be staying don't have websites, but in Kete Krachi I will be at the credit union guest house.  This is the one I am most looking forward to, although it is the most rudimentary of the three.  As I understand some bloggers who have been there I will get a bucket of water that I can carry to my room to wash up at the end of the day (camping anyone??).  In Damongo it looks like we may be staying at the Mole Motel, which is where a group of us have booked our rest days (see the link on the right).  Running water, and the chance to share your breakfast with baboons after you watch the warthogs outside your room!  In Tamale we will be staying at the "Modern City" hotel?  motel?  I looked it up, it has wifi which means maybe some pictures and blog posts from Damongo and Kete Krachi!  It's going to be a wonderful journey and I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment