Thursday 9 June 2016

Key learnings from day 1 with Memory....celery is not a food.  Dogs should not cuddle with you.  And husbands, yeah....they should cook.  A side note, longboards are deemed to be dangerous, especially when your teacher (Delainey) has already shown her wounds from the last "I think I can do this hill".

I cannot imagine being this adventurous.  Here she is, thrown into a family in disarray (ok, we say we will eat at 5 but really it's going to be 7).  I picked Memory up from the airport and, after dropping her luggage off we went veggie shopping at H &W.  I think our meat is fine, potatoes are starch,but veggies?  Fruit?  I need guidance. Memory, bless her,was not much help. Except for the watermelon at the end.

I like celery.  Grab some, even though it's not something she's had before.  Green onions. Yum.  Some zucchini (she thought it was cucumber) cantalope, and lo and behold...they gave us a free watermelon!  Get home with our haul and find no Cheese Whiz.....imagine celery without it...yes, she hates it.  Wish I had a picture of her face when she tried it without Cheese Whiz.

I'm all over the place  tonight.  Tomorrow we work...tomorrow we will try to solve the problems of a small but mighty credit union in Malawi.  Tomorrow is what I live for, as long as I can keep her off that longboard.....



No comments:

Post a Comment