Wednesday 5 February 2014

Thank You

I have so many people and organizations to thank for this incredible journey that I have been on that I'm not sure where to start.  Maybe at the beginning, that might make sense. 


Thank you to the CCA-Sarah Feldberg, John Julian, Laurie Tennian, Anna Brown, David Shanks, and all of the wonderful people that work for this important organization.  What you do is incredible, and I am honored to be a small part.


Thank you to my employer, Servus Credit Union.  Without you I would not have been able to have had the pleasure of hosting Alice in the CCA Women's Mentorship Program and I would not have been able to take this journey that has helped me learn so much about our history and what we really stand for. 


 This man.  The wonderful man I married almost 23 years ago, thank you Sandy.  Thank you for organizing friends and family to write notes to me that I could open all the way through my trip.  Thank you for encouraging me to apply and then embark on this journey.  Thank you for your unending support and love.  I tried to do you justice when it came to taking pictures, failed miserably with only 1000, but maybe next year it will be better.  I love you.


Graeson and Delainey, I thought about you every day I was gone.  Thank you for being there for your Dad, and thank you for being the most wonderful children a mom could ask for.  Delainey, your note lifted me up on a really down day and made me smile.  Thank you both for being you :)  I love you.

 

Thank you Jude for keeping us safe.  Your driving skills are exemplary, your kindness and easygoing attitude were refreshing and you managed to put up with us for two full weeks without pulling out your hair.  You shared your life and your family with us and for that we are eternally grateful.  I wish you all the best and hope that all of your dreams come true.


Nancy, I've said this before, couldn't have asked for a better partner to go through all of this with.  Thank you for your insight, your sense of humor, and for giving us our mantra.  "It is what it is," hope to see you next year for part II of this adventure!


Team Ghana....what can I say?  Thank you especially to Tracey and to Heidi for sharing your experiences from previous trips, it made it easier when I came across something that you had already told me about!  This team was pretty incredible, to all of you a big thank you for your stories, laughter and tears.  Couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with!

To all my friends and family....I cannot put a picture up of all of you, but you know who you are.  You have given me strength, encouragement and made me smile.  Some of you thought I was crazy for doing this, yet you supported me all the way.  You cheered me on and made me feel like I could DO this!  Thank you for being there for me and for enduring all of the stories to come.  I love you all.


And, with that my friends, my Adventures In Africa come to an end.  I am back home with hot, running water and friends and family surrounding me.  I am truly blessed to have been chosen to have this journey and hope that I can do it again next year.  Thank you for coming with me :)   

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you Debbie, and I you have shared your journey with us in a way that made me feel I was right there with you! Don't know anyone else who would have done Servus as proud to represent us in this capacity. Welcome Home! :-)
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for keeping us so up to date with your travel and experiences. Welcome home, the snow misses you ;)

    ReplyDelete